Deciding that this site would try to help you in learning and wealth, thought that I would start with some ideas for designing your life – from now. Do appreciate that we are all at differing stages of our stay on this earth, that should not stop you from living the life that you really want too.
Why not Design The Life That You Really Want?
I can almost hear you saying what at my age! Yes at your age it is never too late to learn. Always remember when I was in my forties my Mum saying, you never did as well as you should have at school, you thought that how clever you were, that you had got to Grammar School, then you sat on your bottom for five years.
Before being told this I did begin to realize the truth of this remark and started to apply myself to learning how to improve me. I studied for qualifications on the kitchen table, while my wife watched television in the lounge, in between looking after the children.
It did pay off as eventually I qualified as a Commercial Consultant, becoming a Fellow of the British Society of Commerce, all this while I was still in the Royal Air Force.
You can begin Designing Your Life – From Now by Learning:
- Just what does make you happy in Life? Make an assessment of yourself, understand what you want, both to do and to get out of life in general. What are your strengths and desires, what makes you really happy, what gets you really buzzing? If you need too, write down on a piece of paper, what you feel are your strengths and desires.
- Use as learning opportunities your mistakes and failures. By designing your life from now you realize that mistakes and failures are in fact an opportunity to learn. To achieve your dream, set your sights on something that makes you happy and enables you to achieve what you desire.
- Find your way easily through the major decisions in your life. These include Family, Wealth, Self, Career and your Social Life. Do not make life difficult for yourself.
Defined by the Choices You Make, That is Your Life From Now
- Be aware of the choices that you make. It is a fact that we cannot control certain circumstances in life, these include the circumstances which may have led to our arrival on this earth, your upbringing or choices that you were given as a child.
- However you can override these, as you now have a choice to decide what you want to do with the rest of your life. Your career, who you marry and where you live, are just some of the decisions that you can now take, or may have already taken, do they need improving, or at the least an assessment carried out to ensure that you are on the right path.
- Use the knowledge that you have acquired to make better choices. It does not matter what stage of your life you are at now, you will have acquired some knowledge, use this to help you to improve your life.
- Strange to relate but life is all about choice. It does seem funny when you read such a bland statement, but it is true. You decide on the career path you will follow, you decide who you will marry, you decide where you will live. Agreed you may not make the correct or ideal choice to begin with, but now is the time to have a look at what you really want out of the rest of your life.
Choose Wisely As Life Is Full Of Choices
Failing to make the right choice as you go through life can be a disaster. Speaking from experience I was very much in love at 20, when I was dumped, met another girl we were married a few months later, she left after five months with someone I worked with.
The morale is obvious, it was a rebound marriage and I was too young and naive to see it, suppose that my attitude was I will show her, how dare she dump me. However I am now very happily married and have been for many years.
Another true story, after I left the Royal Air Force, where I was both an engineer and instructor, mainly in the management field, I realized that I should really have studied law, accountancy or general business studies. But the choice where I lived was the Coal Mines, the Brewery or the Forces with ‘proper training lad’. Also both my father and grandfather were top class engineers.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it is never too late to choose wisely.
If truth be told I never thought that I would be involved on the internet, let alone be able to design a website, amazing how sometimes circumstances seem to guide you. The fact is that I am really enjoying both life and what I do.
The Four Pieces Of The Jigsaw
What jigsaw I can hear you mutter, thought that this was about helping me, not doing jigsaws.
- You must always consider your values when thinking about how you wish to design your life from now on.
- Always be experimenting using your experience as you do so.
- How you spend your time and energy, with your beliefs, goals and purposes, will help to shape the rest of your life.
- If you consider that the best way to run your life is for it to be user centered, in other words it is you and what you want.Make life pleasant for you, do not spend all your time running around for others being concerned about production and cost.
Improve The Quality Of Your Life With The Simple Things
Seven simple things that can help you improve the quality of your life
- Get a Goodnight’s Sleep. This helps to improve your mental, physical and emotional health leading to a more productive you.
- Set Limitations. If you set yourself some limits for the day or week, and stick to them, then you will be protecting your piece of mind and your well being.
- Indulge in Little Pleasures. Life can be very stressful if we are not careful, so give yourself a treat now and then.
- Get Rid of the Clutter. Not just around the house, but in your mind, if you do no longer need to retain it then get rid.
- Have a Morning Routine. Prepare for the day, you might like to just sit quietly somewhere, do some exercise or even meditate, this is something that I often start the day with. Whatever you do try to fit it into a regular routine.
- What is Important to You? When you decide what is more important or better for you, then you can live the life that you want.
- Start to say NO. If you are one of those people who loves helping others, you may find that you get taken advantage off, if this is the case learn to say ‘NO’ to some of the requests giving you more ‘ME’ time.
Hopefully this has given you some idea of what I am trying to achieve on this website, it is not all about money, but that will be covered in a later article. You and your life are more important, living the life that you really want to live. The wealth from this blog is for you to live a better and more fulfilling life.
A quote by C.S. Lewis sums up this article perfectly:
” You can’t go back and change the beginning but you can
start where you are and change the ending”
The next article will be “Why you should set goals”
Be Happy, Healthy and Wealthy.